What Does a Professional Caregiver Do?
First and foremost, a professional caregiver strives to enhance the quality of life for seniors to the best of their ability. They provide companionship, assistance, and overall, compassion to those who are in need of support in their old age.
Professional caregivers are not nursing or medical experts but rather helpers, friends, and assistants. Your loved one deserves a companion that will provide them with healthy interaction and the kinds of stimulating activities that are important to maintaining a healthy body and mind.
The primary services that a licensed professional caregiver will provide include:
- Ensuring that all medications are taken regularly at the correct dosage.
- Assisting in day-to-day activities and household chores.
- Preparing healthy meals and monitoring nutrition.
- Providing stimulating conversations to promote a healthy mind.
- Ensuring that seniors stay as active as possible.
Regular human interaction and vibrant conversations are essential to maintaining a healthy mind and delaying the onset of dementia in those who are at risk of developing symptoms. Simply by providing seniors with regular companionship you can help them stay healthier and more alert for years to come.
Home caregivers are also great for ensuring quality living conditions, helping maintain a clean and tidy home and appearance. Day-to-day chores that a licensed caregiver will often perform include:
- Housekeeping tasks such as cleaning, changing linens, cleaning up after meals.
- Regularly washing and folding laundry.
- Running errands, such as grocery shopping or prescription pickups.
- Accompanying clients to appointments and outings.
Although these are the most common tasks performed by a licensed caregiver, anyone who employs the services professional caregiver will have a unique set of needs that the caregiver will take responsibility for.
The most important role of any caregiver is to be a great friend and to enhance the quality of life of those in need.
If you or your loved one is in need of the assistance of a professional, licensed caregiver contact Home and Hearth Caregivers of Chicago, Illinois today.