Home and Hearth Caregiver Credentials & Background Checks
Before offering employment to a home care worker, we verify qualifications and perform background checks. The credentials we expect include caregiver training certifications, proficiency assessments and more. In addition, we perform a public health registry checks, authorization checks, criminal background checks and numerous other confirmations to ensure we hire honest, effective caregivers.
- Certificate of Caregiver Training or CNA Competency Evaluation
- Caregiver Skills Proficiency Assessment
- Caregiver Responsibilities and Limitations Test
- HIPAA Test
- Illinois Department of Public Health Registry Check
- Illinois Department of Public Health Authorization Check, including CAAPP and FEE-APP (fingerprinting) Criminal Background Check.
- Registration for Illinois State Police Fingerprint Repository*
- Employment Eligibility Verification, via Social Security Administration Department**
- Drug Screen, by Confirm BioSciences
- Professional reference checks, from previous employers
- Driver’s License and car insurance, if driving client
- Flu vaccination – Fall & Spring only, between September 1 & March 31
- Caregiver Training
- Drivers License, monitor expiration date
- Car Insurance, monitor expiration date
- Permanent Resident Status
- Flu vaccination status
*Home and Hearth Caregivers is registered with the Illinois State Police Fingerprint Repository for immediate notification of any new criminal activity, change in waiver status or an Illinois Department of Public Health correction of a record.
**Home and Hearth Caregivers is registered with E-Verify Case Alerts, which establishes that the employee is legal to work in the U.S. and provides work authorization case updates and expirations.