What Home Care Services Can a Professional Home Care Agency Provide?
In our last blog post, we shared the positive aspects of utilizing a professional in-home care agency to provide the highest quality and safest level of home care services in the west suburbs of Chicago. But specifically, what types of home care services are available to help older individuals remain safe and thriving at home? If you have decided that it’s time to search for in-home help for an older family member, there are a number of customized home care services available. The following information can help you narrow down the specific type of help your loved one requires:
- Household chores: Household tasks can become challenging for older adults to manage. Housework services performed on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis, covering things like vacuuming, doing dishes, laundry, changing beds, dusting, preparing meals, and more can reduce stress and improve health and quality of life for older individuals.
- Companionship: In many cases, an older person who lives alone feels isolated and is missing social stimulation. Seniors can benefit from having a companion caregiver for a couple of hours a day to participate in pleasurable activities together or simply to visit and share friendly conversation. Companionship care includes assistance for those who live alone, but offers a safety net for those who are experiencing confusion or have memory loss, allowing family members to take a break and know their loved one is being well cared for.
- Personal Care: Discreet, respectful assistance is needed for many older individuals to shower safely, use the toilet, and get dressed. Personal care services also cover assistance with eating, walking, transferring from bed to chair, and providing medication reminders.
- Overnight Care: For older adults who wake up during the night, an overnight caregiver at the ready can give needed assistance with getting out of bed to use the toilet during the night, to provide conversation and comforting activities to help with falling back to sleep, and with specialized nighttime requirements for those with Alzheimer’s disease who are struggling with the challenges of sundowning.
- Transportation: Accompanied transportation services are helpful for older adults who no longer drive, allowing for the chance to get out and engage in activities, classes, and events in the community, shopping, medical appointments, visits with family and friends, etc.
- Geriatric Care Management: Geriatric care management services supply help with ongoing residence management that falls outside of the services of a direct care provider, such as moving into another living arrangement and the closing up of a household.
With an in-home care consultation, provided at no cost, West Chicago home care provider, Home & Hearth Caregivers can help you discover what types of home care services will best benefit your older loved one, helping him or her to remain in the comfort of home safely with as little or as much support as warranted. Call us to learn more at 630-654-4663.